Students will use the “Picture Identification” activity within the Language Builder app to call out the bingo prompt.
Goals and Objectives
- Identify and label familiar objects
- If playing in a group, confidently call out bingo prompts
- Matching bingo prompt to pictures on their playing card.
- Language Builder Pro App
- Stages Learning Picture Bingo (any set except Career Bingo – pictures currently not in app)
Language Builder App:
- Open the app and click on “Activity Setup” in the top right hand corner
- Select “Picture Identification” on the right
- Select word list and click on categories.
- Select the topic that matches the physical bingo game (i.e. if you have the Everyday Object Bingo set select Everyday Objects)
Physical Materials: Pass out bingo cards and markers.
If playing individually
Depending on the level of the child, you can work on different skills. If they are working on identical matching, when the picture come up on the screen teacher can provide the label (prompting child to repeat) and child will find the picture on their bingo card. If they are working on expressive labeling then they can do both jobs, call out the picture AND find it on their card.
If playing with a group
Students can take turns being the Bingo caller and using the app
To add additional level of difficulty, students can provide a description of the object rather than the name when they are the bingo caller.
Students can also work in pairs with one bingo card for additional support.