Given current circumstances you may be faced with the unexpected challenge of educating and engaging your child with autism or other special needs at home. With so much in flux, we want to offer free lessons, materials, activity sheets, data tracking sheets, behavior management tools, and a basic overview of how to use the system at home with your children.
These materials are a sampling of lessons from Stages Learning Materials’ Language Builder ARIS curriculum. The lessons and supporting materials are 100% free to families. We recognize that these are unsettling times, and even more difficult for families whose children have special learning needs. We hope by opening access to the ARIS curriculum, we can help alleviate some anxieties in the short term.
Included in this free resource kit are:
- Condensed Implementation Guide: including an overview of the ARIS lesson format, a section with simple explanations of ABA-style therapy, a behavior management section, and a series of activity sheets to use with the fine motor lessons.
- Lesson Plans: a sampling of lessons from each of ARIS’ seven content categories covering a range of activities and skill levels.
- Downloadable Flash Cards: sample photographic flash cards from the Language Builder line that are referenced in the included lessons.
- Data Sheets: to track your child’s progress and share information with their teachers.
On the home page for the ARIS Emergency Resource Kit, we have given you a form to ask questions. We will do our very best to answer questions that families may have about how best to handle behavioral or educational circumstances at home within 24 hours.
Over the coming days we will be uploading additional resources, information and directions on how to expand beyond the lessons as presented, including:
- Links to additional free resources offered by other companies
A community platform for parents and educators to come together and support each other through the coming weeks
We are committed to providing as many free resources as possible to families, and we will add more links daily. We have received numerous requests from families who still want to purchase the physical curriculum and have asked for a discount. Accordingly, we are offering a 20% discount code COVIDDISCOUNT for anyone who wants to purchase the Full ARIS Curriculum or any of the Language Builder products and we will provide free shipping on the curriculum. Please know this is not a sales attempt. We are responding to requests, and trying to help in every way possible.
Working together, I feel certain we can come out the other side of this crisis stronger.
Wishing you health, safety and sanity.